As is the case with all measurements, the selection of appropriate sensors and their correct use is essential for the accurate measurement of conductivity. This paper outlines the different types of conductivity sensors that are available to the analyst and the factors that should be considered when selecting conductivity sensors for measurement applications. As well as giving recommendations on the suitability of different types of conductivity sensors for various applications, recommendations are given on the calibration, use and maintenance of conductivity sensors to maximize the accuracy of test measurements and provide increased confidence in conductivity measurements.
Contents of the Paper
- Definition of Conductivity
- Cell Types & Measurement Principle
- Selection of Cells for Different Measurement Ranges
- Selection of Cells for Measurement Applications
- Calibration of Conductivity Sensors
- Maintenance and Use of Conductivity Cells